Matchnik – Another Puzzle Game
Just started playing with this idea, another block based puzzle matching game. The rules are pretty simple:
- Draw a path through 2 or more same coloured blocks to make them disappear
- The path can’t go back on itself
- White blocks match anything
- Black blocks don’t need to disappear
- Objective: Clear all the blocks
So far, about 10 hours in, I’ve got the engine working, a design tool and the first simple 8 levels done. It looks like this:
I’m going to start working out how to have the computer generate the levels rather than me designing, I think that’ll make it much more interesting.
You can give the current early version a go on the web here. Let me know what you think!